Why This Caribbean Country Is Breaking Tourism Records
The Caribbean is a popular destination for Americans with so many islands to select from, every providing its personal distinctive attraction, however one nation is breaking data and beating customer numbers greater than ever earlier than.
Grenada is changing into a extra in style vacation spot for Americans, who account for greater than 60% of holiday makers. This is helped by its proximity to the United States, which is a five-and-a-half-hour flight, common flight itineraries to get vacationers to the island, and a pretty digital nomad visa program.
This small island nation had a stand-out November, accepting over 14,000 guests which was the highest-ever complete of holiday makers on report, and December is projected to remain on observe for breaking the report for a similar interval in 2019.
“We continue to build our brand equity so that travelers keep Grenada in their consideration set of destinations they want to visit,” mentioned Petra Roach, CEO of the Grenada Tourism Authority. “We are laser focused on attracting visitors who want to take advantage of our safe environment, numerous community initiatives and who want to get out and about.”
Why Is Grenada Popular For Tourists?
Crystal-clear waters, rainforest trekking, pristine landscapes, fragrant spices, and pleasant individuals are simply a number of the causes that appeal to guests to this stunning and safe destination – to not point out its steady balmy temperatures with a median of 82 Fahrenheit. This oval-shaped island measures solely 13 sq. miles, which suggests you may drive across the island in beneath six hours, however you’ll be distracted to cease by all the attractive views and sights alongside the best way.
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
Due to its historical past, Grenada has some fascinating cultural influences for the reason that British took over management of the French within the 1700s, so the nation has a combination of Amerindian, French, and English customs. You’ll discover this, notably in its delicacies, which displays a wide range of completely different cultures, comparable to its nationwide dish – Oil Down, which is a salted meat and vegetable stew. You’ll additionally come throughout the heavy French affect as seen by the names of locations and other people’s final names, making this a various metropolis to discover and witness its many customs.
What Are The Best Things To Do In Grenada
- Swim In Its Glorious Beaches: with over 45 completely different seashores to discover, every consisting of nice white sand, clear waters, and exquisite views, you’ll discover it onerous to decide on between them. Grand Anse seaside is a favourite amongst vacationers, as a result of its lengthy stretches of excellent sands with beautiful views and choices of water sports activities, comparable to water snowboarding, parasailing, or kayaking.
- Discover Its Underwater Sculptures: Grenada was house to the world’s first underwater sculpture park and incorporates 75 sculptures to both rise up shut and private through snorkeling or scuba diving or view from a glass backside boat. Installations embrace an underwater Jesus Christ, kids holding arms, a newspaperman, and extra.
- Search For The Best Waterfall: Amongst Grenada’s rainforests, you’ll uncover some breathtaking hidden gems – waterfalls. From the Seven Sisters waterfalls that create a big pool for swimming to Mount Carmel Falls which drops water 100 ft down a pointy edge, many of those waterfalls require some stunning hikes by the jungle, which supplies you a chance to see the native fauna and wildlife.
- Learn About Grenada’s Agriculture: Belmont Estate is a well-liked vacationer attraction that means that you can study Grenada’s agriculture scene, comparable to a tree-to-bar craft chocolate expertise, a tour by its natural farm in addition to a farm-to-table meal at its restaurant. Grenada wouldn’t be full with no spice tour of its completely different spices, comparable to cloves, mace, and cinnamon, in addition to a tour of its river Antoine Rum Distillery to style some native rum.
- Taste-Test The Delicious Cuisine: from testing the very best barbecue joints firing up the fish, pork, and hen to tasting genuine Caribbean meals on the native eating places, there’s an extended listing of flavorful meals you’ll must attempt in Grenada, which has been dubbed Spice Island.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e-mail tackle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
This article initially appeared on TravelOffPath.com